Shopify is one the leading Canadian E-commerce platform which can be used by individuals and businesses alike for a monthly subscription fee. It’s pretty simple for anyone to get them enlisted and start selling their products via this e-commerce website.
Who are among the registered users of Shopify?
Organizations of all sizes and individuals are willing to sell their merchandise online to B2C or B2B customer base are typically found on Shopify. For a reasonable monthly subscription fee, they can begin selling their products on Shopify.
The concept of “Drop-Shipping”
E-commerce websites like Shopify sell a wide range of products via online platforms do not keep a physical inventory of products. Once a customer places an order online, it is immediately relayed to the manufacturing retail partner for shipping and delivery of the item. This system is popularly known as “Drop-slip” or “Drop-Shipping” in the e-commerce world. The order details are then forwarded to the manufacturer form where the product is shipped to the customer’s address. This system eliminates the need to maintain a physical inventory of products in warehouses before selling them to clients.
What is the purpose of EDI in the e-commerce scenario?
Shopify EDI Integration is basically a set of protocols used for the exchange of vital information and documents between two trading companies. It includes invoices, ASNs, Inventory status/update, Purchase orders, etc. Data is exchanged in both directions. The following are some of the most important aspects of EDI in regard to an e-commerce platform.
● The majority of the manufacturing units and distribution facilities make use of the system-to-system integration EDI assisted system. This allows for much faster processing and improved efficiency.
● Companies working in the logistics sector also require EDI integration in their businesses to quickly communicate with their partners.
● Consumers need to be informed about the status of their shipment in every step of the process.
● From the above list, it can be seen that every firm involved in the structure requires system-to-system integration to maintain a balance between different platforms. Currently, all leading enterprises are equipped with EDI systems. Companies now have a dedicated team of experts for improving the efficiency of their EDI systems. The benefits of incorporating are reflected in their sales reports.
Why EDI integration is needed for working with Shopify?
● If a small business is associated with an e-commerce giant like Shopify then they have complied with certain regulations and require employing EDI systems in their business. Many reputed suppliers also impose similar regulations on their partner trading companies.
● Small businesses selling their products through Shopify have a huge customer to be informed about the status of their orders. It is mandatory for such firms to have an EDI system onboard.
● If your logistics partner is someone like Purolator, FedEx and you have to deal with a high volume of shipments on a daily basis then it’s essential to integrate your business, software with EDI services.