to sell their products from its platform. The company, through its Vendor Central facility, allow sellers to sell their products in bulk quantity to the e-commerce giant. In turn, the Amazon sells those products to the customers under itsbrand name.
The facility of Vendor Central is a platform for business owners, which operates as an invite-only facility. With this service, the vendors can sell their products directly to the Amazon. As such, when you sell products in bulk quantity to Amazon through Amazon Edi Compliance, you become their seller or supplier.
How the Process Works
Amazon sends the supplier a purchase order listing what they want to buy. In return, the supplier provides to Amazon the inventory that Amazon has ordered. In return, Amazon makes the payment. After this, it is the responsibility of Amazon to sell your products to their customers, and you have no role to play in it.
Vendor Central is an attractive option as it allows small businesses and suppliers to get their products listed on the Amazon. The seller is not required to face the hassle of selling its product to the consumers. Vendor Central is simpler when compared to the Seller Central. The entire process of item listing and selling is controlled from Vendor Central. With the help of the Vendor Central and EDI order management, the vendors can quickly check the order of their purchase, give product data to Amazon and also look after the additional advertising.
How EDI Works On Amazon
The Electronic Data Interchange is used for exchanging the documents of the trade between the seller and the Amazon. In general, Amazon works with a wide range of EDI software and provider types.
So, depending on the order size, there are mainly three different types of EDI interfaces.
● Small suppliers with less than 1000 orders per month. These suppliers send and receive files through the Amazon Merchant Transport Utility (ATMU) software facility and with the interface into a directory.
● Middle-sized suppliers having limited order range between 500 to 1000. These suppliers make use of standard AS2 encrypted EDI B2B integration in the USA for sending and receiving the files.
● Large-sized sellers take help of advanced web services interface for facilitating the transactions of higher volumes.
The benefits of EDI integration with Amazon
● Increase in the capacity of product delivery in quick time to the customer.
● Automated services improve accuracy and result in reduced business cost.
● The possibility of human errors become negligible in data entry.
● The flow of communication improves, which in turn enhances the business relations with the trading partner.
Important EDI documents that Amazon Works With
● EDI 810 - Invoice
● EDI 855 - Purchase Order Acknowledgment
● EDI 856 - Advance Ship Notice
● EDI 860 - Order Change Notification
● EDI 850 - Purchase Order message
● EDI 846 - Inventory Status